Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Autumn



November 1st, after I arrived Hong Kong for about two months, I felt a little bit cool eventually, like the real autumn... Not similar as north, well i mean north of the Northern Hemisphere, for example my home town, the tropic only have two seasons, long long summer and short winter.

For example in Guangzhou, the southern city of China, the alternation of summer and winter always ranges within one week. T-shirt or coat, that's all the choices. It caused me doubted about the brand shops. Because the brands made in Minano, for instance, are generally based on the seasons globally, then who will support those luxury helpless garments? That's constantly making my curiosity. Fortunately, Guangzhou is an open metropolis nationally, there are always sufficient visitors to do the shopping. I suppose these group of people must be the major of buyers.

Different from Guangzhou, Hong Kong is a seashore city. Influenced by the Pacific Ocean, the local climate is much softer than Guangzhou, also with wind blowing. I heard in New York City, the autumn is the most sentimental period because of the fall of the yellow leaves. While accompanied by the local evergreen trees, I felt little seasonal sentiment.

But the ocean, as vast golden mirror reflecting the grand sunset with invisible boundary, it always cause my emotion of vacancy. The power of nature, is splendidly unconquerable.

No comments: